Tips to Make Money as an Affiliate
Making money with your affiliate program can be quite a challenge. There are many opportunities to make money on the web, but how exactly can you stick to it and make some serious cash as an affiliate? Based on real-life experiences being both as an Affiliate and an Affiliate Manager, here are a few simple tips to keep you sane while making money at the same time:
- ACTION. Come up with a plan, and follow it through. Don’t just sit around and dream up ideas, read blogs & guides, then hope they’ll one day be successful. Implement everything, keep what works, and constantly move forward. Trial and error is a part of life.When it comes to Affiliate Marketing, you have to constantly try new things to see what works best for you. Don’t give up so easily if you don’t make a $100 or a $1000 in one night.
- Choose your offers carefully. Don’t always go for the product that pays the most. Go with products that works best for your market and that you have a lot of confidence in. It could even be a product that you use, or believe in strongly. The name of the game is conversions. Always try to go for offers that will yield the highest EPC’s (earnings per click). Test a bunch, and stick to that one offer that earns you the most.
- Commit to publishing content everyday. Updating and publishing content on a daily basis is more likely to draw customers to your site/ads. Work on things such as E-newsletters, Articles, Press Releases, Blog Posts, and anything else that will keep your customers hooked.
- Be sure to test and track. Know where your prospects are coming from, what it is that motivates them to click on your ads/links, and what type of info they read and respond to. Tracking this sort of information is a sure fire way to keep your affiliate program running smoothly, and getting results every time. A good tool to use to track stats on your website is Google Analytics.
- Stick it out. The most important part is not to get discouraged if you do not see immediate results. The truth is most new publishers will not convert right away, or barely convert. This is because you need to test multiple offers to see what works best for your content. So you could promote an offer that does not do well for you, but another offer might. You wouldn’t know that unless you keep testing what works for your users.
There are many things you can do to ensure your success. If you are still having issues trying to get offers to convert, be sure to reach out to your Affiliate Manager who can help and give you advice based on your stats.
Now it’s time to start making some money!!